Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Follow-Up With Downtown

In my second blog I mentioned how SMA was working with potential clients that wanted to use a few downtown areas for event they were having with 4,500 women. I was able to help put the proposal together, took pictures, and also made suggestions on some great activities this many women could do.

Once getting the proposal together Paul, our sales executive, had to be able to convince the incentive board our clients are on that we could house, transport, and of course, take care of this many people. Again, we are an office of 6 people! 1- owner (full-time), 1- sales (full-time), 1- operations (full-time), 1- concierge (part-time), 1- accounting (maybe 5 hrs/week), and 1-intern (every semester). So SMA is very small compared to our competitors, who have offices in Arizona but have offices nationwide. But back to putting the program together… Even though we haven’t “officially” gotten the program, we still are trying really hard to let them know we can handle this. We are responsible for calling places and making sure they accommodate this many people. This includes security, bathrooms, transportation, activities, and meals.

The clients are always calling to verify pricing on something or to let us know that somewhere else they are getting the same thing for $1.00 less or certain activities. This takes patience and negotiation and every DMC does it differently.

It has been really fun, educational, and bit stressful working on this project. Unfortunately, once we get the program (which I thin we will), I won't be here to see it through. But I do want to make sure I touch back with my supervisor, Francine, to find out how it went since I was a part of putting it together. I'm excited to see how such a large group will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment